Tuesday 20 March 2012

Guatemala: Documentary could help nail Rios Montt

I just have to flag up this comment piece from the Guardian about Pamela Yates' documentary film Cuando las Montañas Tiemblan, for which Efrain Rios Montt was interviewed.
Although Ríos Montt's defence claims he did not have command responsibility over his officers in the highlands, and that he is not responsible for the massacres and human rights violations, Yates's interview suggests otherwise. On camera, Ríos Montt states: "If I can't control the army, then what am I doing here?"
I haven't seen the film myself, but I can't speak highly enough of Yates' film about Peru, State of Fear (Estado de Miedo), which I have mentioned repeatedly here. It's certainly interesting to think that the footage could contribute to evidence against the former dictator.

US film could help nail Guatemala's former dictator Efraín Ríos Montt (Guardian)

1 comment:

Bea GallaRdo said...

About Granito
you can follow us
www.facebook.com/granitofilm

And www.granitofilm.com

best

Bea